Thursday, December 02, 2010

RRCB: November Recap

Read.
I finally finished The Perfect Mile. Brilliant brilliant book. Roger Bannister is my newfound hero! It was like Seabiscuit for runners. Definitely recommend it. And I started reading My Stroke of Genius. A little difficult to get into because of all the brain jargon, but its a pretty short book and is working its way to being more interesting/applicable to teaching and creativity. Now I just have to find the Chronicles of Narnia series to get started on....

Run.
I can run 30 minutes solid! These colder, snowy days make me SO grateful for my gym pass... speaking of which, I am officially dubbing December BIGGEST LOSER MONTH!! I am SO determined to get rid of those last few straggling pounds before the new year rolls in, so I am going bigger, harder, faster, (hopefully) stronger with my workouts!

Create.
Sometimes I feel like the worst kind of artist... in between lesson plans and helping my students with their own artworks, the only time I have to work on my own stuff is when I am at home and Bug is asleep... in which case, I am exhausted as well and usually end up sleeping. I know "no excuse is a good excuse" but at least I keep up with my blogging :) one of the few "easy" creative things to keep up with. Just under a month till I can print off my second half of 2010 book!

Balance.
This past month, my sleeping habits have really gotten bad and everything else has sort of followed suit. This month I am really going to try to focus on not only getting to bed earlier but also making better use of my time ...ie: not wasting time, but actually getting things done and being productive so I can feel less guilty about spending all my spare time with this little man! I think I will start by cleaning my desk of all these papers I have to grade :)

1 comment:

skroner said...

so proud of you for working hard!! (:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...