Thursday, November 04, 2010

WIGF Day 9: Little Things

Like sleep.
I can count on one hand how many times Baby D has really shocked me in his sleeping abilities by sleeping longer than I though he would. I have never been one of those people who sets an alarm and wakes up my baby if he doesn't wake up every 3 hours... I figure, he knows himself better than I do, so with the exception of my alarm to wake up in the morning to work out, I NEVER use an alarm anymore, especially not on the weekends. Baby D is my alarm clock, and the best advice I got from my doctor was to sleep when he is sleeping, which I always have a hard time doing, seeing as I have so much to do myself when he is finally asleep, but I have really been trying to take a nap when he first goes down after I get home (yesterday we slept over 90 minutes!) and then after putting him down for the night at 9:15, I was able to make it to bed by 10pm... only to sleep through my 5 am alarm clock (eek!) and wake up at 6am to his cooing/grunting.

Yeah, that's right. Baby D and I got EIGHT hours of sleep STRAIGHT last night. I would have woken up Mr. D with the news immediately, if he wasn't so sick, poor guy. I haven't had eight hours straight of sleep in months and months... those of you who have yet to understand what its like to function on a daily basis on snippets of sleep (in 2-5 hour increments), consider yourselves lucky. Sure, it may have only been one night, but it was heaven. More than anything, I am learning to stop worrying so much and really appreciate the little things.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...