Tuesday, November 30, 2010

25.

I awoke this morning to find quite the birthday present...

Kevs threw up. (again.)

25 years is a really long time to be alive. Sometimes I wonder, what do I have to show for it?
I don't think in my wildest dreams I could have ever planned to be where I am now at 25. I have a wonderful (and super handsome!) husband of over 4 years, a 4 month old dream baby who is (I am convinced) the most perfect baby on the planet, a college degree and a job. The only thing I can possibly think of that is missing is finding that perfect place to put down roots and buying a home...but then again I get buyer's remorse from spending $70 on groceries that I need at the grocery store, so maybe that's just something we'd be better off waiting for within the next 5 years. But I digress...

The most wonderful things about my birthday are never the things, but the people who put so much thought and care into getting me those things. Mr. D took me on a mini shopping spree to the mall on Black Friday...thankfully, Baby D was splendid in public and we got about 2 hours of shopping and $100 of spending on some super cute clothes... have I mentioned how much more fun it is to try on clothes that are NOT maternity clothes? Mr. D even picked out the most perfect pair of skinny jeans for me that were my size (meaning they fit me and they weren't a double digit-ed number...phew!). Then there's the pump he re-bought me (the $350 one!) since my last one broke... we will be getting reimbursed by Babies R Us but then Mr. D thought to call Medela (the company that made the pump) and complain. Turns out the motor has a warranty for a year (mine died after 4 months) so they are sending out a new one to me next week! Unfortunately, I already opened the Babies R Us one (what? I was super excited to use it again!) so we can't return it, but Mr. D said that with the money my FABULOUS parents and in-laws gave me, together with the money I can getting for selling the extra pump, that I would finally have enough to buy... my BOB REVOLUTION!!!! Yesssss!!!

As far as siblings go, I have the best ones ever. DK gave me $20 of his OWN MONEY (how many 12 year olds do you know that would do that??) that I am thinking long and hard about how I will spend... but I haven't decided yet. Bananas sent me a package (basically overnight!!) with a Biggest Loser workout DVD (90 minutes of cardio!!!), her homemade bread ( = heaven.) and hershey kisses (my fav) all wrapped in.... KARDASHIAN TABLOIDS!! Then to top it all off, Surah (for the second week in a row) babysat for free for us, in addition to getting me my DARLING decked out Christmas tree and some yummy homemade cookies. I keep wanting to say "best present ever" but suffice it to say that I am thrilled with all of my gifts.

Granny and Uncle Pat gave me a set of CUTE earrings and a frame ("to put a picture of that CUTE baby in!"). Then I came to school today and Katie had bought me a new pair of boots!!

Last year at this time, I was so sick and so tired (thanks to a little guy growing in my tummy).
Baby D's present to me this year? Sleeping from 9pm to 5am this morning. Priceless.

Its barely started and already its the best birthday ever.
Thank you thank you thank you!

3 comments:

Kana said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, beautiful!

Rachael said...

Yayayay!!! You get to buy the awesome BOB! Happy Birthday Ruth!

skroner said...

AHHHHHH! Yes!! He kept sleeping! Just love (:

Glad you are having such a fantastic birthday!! (: Love you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...