Tuesday, October 26, 2010

tender mercies

Today was one of those days...

I feel like I'm broken. Somebody fixed me. <3 Mr. D is a saint.
Completely overwhelmed. A little workout did wonders to clear my mind.
And to top it all off, I am drowning in stupid grading paperwork. (I still am, but I'm okay with it now)

I cried in front of my class this morning because of how horrible I felt.
I got mad at the two most important people in my life this morning and somehow I don't think "I'm sorry" is going to cut it. There was no excuse for me getting so upset.

But if I was allowed an excuse I would combine end of term grading stress+lack of sleep+feeling fat+breastfeeding frustration+"not-taking-full-feedings" frustration+"not working out as much as I should" frustration+"never having enough time in the day" frustration. All in all, quite a bit of frustrations.

Then I come home to this:
And I realize life is not so hard as I make it out to be.
And I also realize I have the greatest network of family and friends in the world. Thanks, guys.
Did I mention today was the first day Baby D laughed for me? It was beautiful.
Who would have guessed he had such ticklish feet?

6 comments:

Meggs said...

If you need help grading, I'm more than willing to help out!

Meggs said...

If you need help grading, I'm more than willing to help out!

Emily Rebecca Jacobs said...

I need to visit you asap. Because I miss you, & I don't like when you have bad days :/

Kana said...

Everyone loves you. I love you. There are lots of ups and downs! but its ok :) Thinking of you<3

Cheri said...

Ruth: I hope you understand that it takes TIME to get your body where you want it. You went from running a race per month if not more to being pregnant and it will take your body time. A few months may not be long enough. You have already lost the majority of the weight in record time. Don't forget that fact! You need to be a little more patient with this whole get back into shape goal of yours. You can do it and you will, I know you, but it takes EVERY woman some time for this to happen. Be proud of everything you have accomplished and just keep plugging away at it, make reasonable goals for yourself, and your goal will be achieved.

skroner said...

you are stellar. don't ever forget that. and you have the cutest baby ALIVE!!! i can't wait to hear him laugh myself (:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...