Friday, October 08, 2010

Pre-race day

I would be lying if I said I wasn't nervous. But I am as ready as I will ever be.
I keep telling myself its "only" a 5k... I've done dozens of those before.
I'll be nearly 12 weeks post partum... that seems like so long (I guess not really if you think about how I was prego for 40 weeks) and while my abs are still flabby shadows of their former selves, I can run (well, jog)for a solid 6 minutes at a time without stopping to walk, so thats an improvement from the last few months, and weeks even.

On a side note, I finally finished reading "Healthy sleep habits, happy child" by Dr. Weissbluth and I am sold on his theories of sleeping. Unfortunately, poor Mr. D is trying to help me do this. By unfortunately I mean he is committing to keeping Baby D sleeping in the crib instead of the swing (and he's doing it even without reading the book, he's doing it because I really want to) and that is hard because its a habit our little man is used to, so when I stopped by at home, there was quite a bit of crying, which I am accustomed to (note: accustomed does not mean "used to", as I don't think you can ever get "used to" hearing your child screaming at the top of their lungs like they are in pain) but my poor Mr. D is not.

I know that this is quite an adjustment for me, as I am trying to stay home (instead of taking him with me to shop, visit, or work out) to protect his sleeping habits, and there will be a period of adjustment for Baby D... I just pray that he will be nice to Mr. D and if anything, that the transition will be easier during the day while he is at home, even if that means more crying for me. I absolutely adore Mr. D for doing this for me, and while I know sleep training is kind of a sticky topic (everyone has an opinion on it), I know that getting Baby D to have deep sleep without the assistance of exterior motivators/motion that I really really believe will do wonders for him.

Only time will tell :) We'll keep you posted.

1 comment:

Emily Rebecca Jacobs said...

You're the type of mommy every mommy should be. You are going to raise one lovely, & loved, baby boy :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...