Saturday, October 09, 2010

"Love your Body" 6K (what an appropriate title)


We actually ran (jogged) the WHOLE time, and Aunt M and Surah and I stuck together the whole 6k, to be greeted at the end by the two Mr. D's (one being Uncle D of course!) and Baby D! I am SO very sore, but at least I got my first post-pregnancy race out of the way... (as Surah reminded me), exactly a year to the month from when I ran my last race (a Halloween 5K that I placed first in my age division) and (didn't know it at the time but) was prego with my little Baby D :) My body has been through so much in the last 12 months and I am so grateful for it...my, how much has changed in a year!! Life is good.

3 comments:

skroner said...

ayaya for running together! (:
ps i would like to note that i was the only person there for you at that halloween 5k.. waiting for you at the end! and a year later i got to run WITH you (: lovelovelove it!

The Loops said...

Great job. I don't this that I have ever felt this lazy in my life. I have no excuse to not get out and run since you just had a baby. Quit being so dang inspirational!

Merrick said...

Oh, good for you! Isn't it amazing how much your body changes after a baby??

I bet you're feeling great to have race #1 out of the way!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...