Tuesday, September 14, 2010

success!

Yeah, as terrible as it may be, I am not ashamed to admit that I am one of those people.

I find absolute and pure, unadulterated joy in two things that most people can't stand: cleaning and working out.

Working out until it "hurts so good" has, for the last 3 years or so, been my credo. So over the last year, where that wasn't always the best thing for me to achieve, that was hard for me. I won't say I like every kind of pain (because you know I did NOT enjoy the pain of labor), but I do LOVE the kind of pain and soreness that comes after a good workout. Today was one of those days, and it's still taking some getting used to, but I definitely have one foot in the saddle, so to speak. I am well on my way to some serious muscle soreness and the tone and definition I lust after! The workout?

3.1 miles (that's a 5k) in 48 minutes 30 seconds. Not too shabby. Baby D was even awake for most of it, but thankfully was content to watch me make faces at him and wave from the treadmill...certainly a record for us, since the longest he's allowed me to work out at the gym before that was about 32 minutes.

Baby steps.

I also have FINALLY finished deep cleaning my house for the first time since we moved in (or so it feels like) and it feels SO GOOD. A part of that clean up was finally setting up the nursery (it only took me 2 and 1/2 weeks). I was so ecstatic, I would have squealed with joy and immediately started to take pictures if it weren't for the fact that while I was hanging up the quilt Concessa made, Baby D fell asleep in his crib (what would I do without his Swaddler!?). Oh, and did I mention that was at 7:20pm?! I don't know what to do with myself. I usually procrastinate putting him down for the first time of the night until 8 or 9, and its usually about a 2 hour process (feed, play, sing, cry, soothe, cry, more soothing, sleep.) so to have him down this early is HUGE for me.

Baby steps.

I am finally starting to figure out this whole housewifewife/mother/teacher/artist/etc. thing...its certainly not easy, but I DO revel in the little victories, and no matter what happens after today, at least tonight, I have tasted the sweet nectar of success. And it is so sweet.

Oh, and Nursery pictures to come tomorrow :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...