Wednesday, June 16, 2010

strawberry days!

Ever since my neighbor's mom came to visit her last summer when she had her baby and made us Strawberry freezer jam, I've been obsessed. I just realized that over the last month, I have eaten about two pounds of assorted berries a week. Man, I love summer. And with strawberries at 77 cents at Sunflower Market this next week, you better believe I am going to try my hand at as many recipes as necessary to perfect my most favorite summertime treat in the world. This will be the first one I try...any suggestions??

Strawberry Freezer Jam
Makes Five - 8 oz. Jars

4 cups mashed strawberries
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 packet freezer jam pectin

1. In a large bowl, crush st until only small pieces remain and mixture is quite liquid. This may take a few minutes.

2. In a small bowl, mix Pectin and sugar together until incorporated. Add to mashed strawberries. Stir for 3 minutes.

3. Ladle into clean jam jars, leaving 1/2″ space at the top. Cap and let sit for 30 minutes. Store in your freezer until ready to use, or transfer to fridge and eat!

1 comment:

Sandy said...

i'm so envious you have access to sunflower market. it was mine and robert's very place to shop in arizona, but it's nowhere to be found east of the mississippi. enjoy those berries!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...