Saturday, June 19, 2010

one month to go!

I know I've complained quite a bit about being pregnant over the last couple of months, but I think now that there is (finally) a light at the end of the tunnel, I can see a little more clearly some of the truly awesome parts of being pregnant:

20. "Sorry, but I'm pregnant" is like the trump card of any excuse when I don't want to do something.
19. Naps, sleep, and more naps. Anytime I feel like it.
18. More footrubs and backrubs from Mr. D than I have ever had in my life.
17. Total strangers striking up a conversation with me and congratulating me on my upcoming arrival.
16. Constantly being told by friends and family how great I look (even if I look less-than-great).
15. Never losing the excitement to see "what's going on inside my body" each week.
14. Feeding Baby D will never be easier than how it is right now.
13. I can actually see the mole in my bellybutton that has been hidden for years.
12. My stomach is as rock-solid as it will probably ever be. And yet, it moves like a bowl full of jelly when I laugh (which only makes me laugh harder).
11. Feeling closer to Mr. D than ever.
10. Having the Kevs curl up on my stomach.
9. Not having litterbox duty.
8. Feeling my little boy move.
7. Cravings. I haven't had many, but when I do have them, I feel no guilt whatsoever in fulfilling them.
6. By some miracle, other than when I was first pregnant, I have (knock on wood) not been sick from anything all year, even though plenty of people around me have been.
5. Being granted "permission" to rent a larger apartment and buy/enjoy some of the luxuries of life... a washer and dryer, heating, air conditioning, a second car, a vacuum, etc.
4. No period/cramps for nine months. 'Nuf said.
3. Buying baby stuff. Everything is so much more fun to buy when it's miniature!
2. Charting my growth over the last couple of months... weight and pictures kind of make it like the Biggest Loser in reverse!
1. And the greatest part about being pregnant: growing a little gummydinobear into a Baby D, who I cannot wait to meet in a few short weeks.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...