Monday, June 21, 2010

My dad is always requesting artwork of me, and since cleaning out his office of all the accumulated kidstuffs (K-12) artwork over Spring Break, I figured he would like a little something new for Father's Day. I had some painted papers from a project awhile ago, so I collaged those on a little 8x10 canvas I had and used acrylics to do this little painting of my mom from her missionary days. The funny thing is that it looked nothing like her until I put the eyelashes on her. Go figure. I sure do have a beautiful mom and certainly a painting will never quite do her justice. But I'm thrilled my dad liked it AND its the first year ever that I remembered a holiday present and sent it in advance of the actual holiday for someone.
Isn't she lovely?

2 comments:

anna. said...

just love eyelashes. it makes all the kron girls look real.

skroner said...

GORGEOUS (: i lovelovelove this!
and i'm calling you tonight!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...