Monday, May 17, 2010

down to single digits.

Dear Baby D,
Nine weeks to go! I can honestly say I have never been more happy or more uncomfortable (and at the same time!) in my life. Seriously. Between your crazy kicking, your dad's snoring, and the Kevs' demand for attention in the middle of the night, my sleeping has been going anything but smooth. But I know you are alive and well, and even with my tiny abdominal space I can still feel you moving all around. Sometimes I can even identify your head/butt or your elbows/knees rubbing around inside of me.

Its hard to believe we are going to get bigger. But we are. Your daddy has already scheduled his ticket to visit "home" in Boston for the first week in June, but after that you are free to come whenever you desire. I don't want to sound selfish or anything, but I will only have 4 weeks with you all to myself before I will have to go to work if you come on your proposed due date, and I would LOVE to even just have you a week or two earlier...

Wishful thinking, I know. I REALLY just want you to be healthy and a happy baby, even if you decide to really torture your mommy and make her wait for you until week 41. You are very lucky to have two working parents who both love their jobs and are able to be flexible enough to physically (and financially) take care of you. It's not going to be easy (and it will probably be very crazy for a few years), but we will do our best to make it work. Plus, you are a lucky lucky boy to have so many relatives live close by, all of whom are clamouring for a chance to take care of you.

The funniest thing to me is how much you favor being on my right side. I can almost push in my left side completely, but the right side of my stomach is always hard as a rock (when its not kicking) and you have always gotten hiccups when you are on my stomach's right side, like you did today at the movies.

Well, my boy, you are already exhausting me before you get here. But at least when you get out here, you can tire out everyone else (and kicking dad at night doesn't count now, since we both know he can sleep through anything). I love you so much...and I can't wait until a week from Friday, when school's out for the summer and I can finally focus on getting everything ready for your big arrival.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...