Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Usually conversations about my enlarged midsection are in the comfort of my own classroom and go a little like this:
Student: "So, how many weeks are you missing at the end of the year?"
Me: "Um, I'm not due till July. So...no weeks. I will be here till the end of the school year."
Student: [Blatently staring at my stomach] "Really. Not May?"

On the other hand, my conversation with a female Quizno's worker was a little more interesting and went a little something like this:
Me: "Can I have a turkey bacon guacamole on wheat?"
Worker: "Woah! You look like you are about to POP! When are you due?"
Me: "July. Still have three months."
Worker: "WHAT?! There's no way." [Looks at Mr. D, who nods] "Really?? I mean, I don't want to sound rude or anything, but you are so tiny...where is the rest of the baby going to go?"
Me: [Shrugs]
Worker: "Well, maybe you're carrying a football player in there or something... hey, [motioning to a male co-worker] look at her belly! Its huge!... are you sure you're not carrying twins?"

Haha oh, man. Good recovery. I know Mr. D is wishing for an NBA or NFL player to pop out of me. And good thing I'm carrying a boy or I may have gotten offended  :)

1 comment:

anna. said...

ahahahah. love this.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...