Thursday, April 15, 2010

oh the joys of teaching

**Update**
The principals agreed to bring in an aide for our stealthy friend, to ensure that someone was keeping an eye on him while he was in my class and would walk him out. Thank goodness.

**Original Post**
We had an assembly today, so as soon as all the students were gone, I turned off the lights, locked the door and left. Not more than 10 minutes later, something didn't feel right, so I went back into my classroom to see my PERSONAL cabinet right by my desk opened on BOTH SIDES and random stuff that I KNOW I put away looking very disheveled. I felt a little weirded out, put the stuff back where it belonged and then heard a shuffling...the klepto in one of my classes (who has stolen dozens of my art supplies over the last few months and gets searched multiple times a day) had stayed behind in my class without me knowing it and was CRAWLING ON HIS HANDS AND KNEES  behind desks to keep me from seeing him. He was "looking for his backpack."

And what do the principals say?? "We're just trying to keep him out of jail."
REALLY.

I love my job. I really do. But sometimes....
Augh. Public Schools are NOT here to babysit your child. Especially not the ones who OBVIOUSLY need CONSTANT supervision.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...