Monday, April 05, 2010

My 2 year Blog-aversary

I started this blog with no real idea what I was doing. I didn't even know what a blog was when I came into my Visual Culture class in college, and even in starting one had to have (a lot of) assistance. My primary purpose of The Blog was that I was going through an "Identity Crisis." In the midst of my art education, I was trying to figure out what made me truly happy, and what I was all about.

Since that time, I developed into (at least in my opinion) a true athlete, an independent runner for the first time in my life. I ran a race (varying in distance from 5k's to half marathons) every month from September 2008 to October 2009, which coincided with when I got pregnant. During these last two years, I have raised a kitten from birth (my little Kevin Garnett, who will be 2 years old this month!) completed and graduated college, found a full-time job that I adore, and discovered the three things that I do that seem to make my life complete, thus my mantra for 2009: READ. RUN. CREATE.

With all the changes in my body of the last couple months, the "RUN" part of the equation has been put on hold and replaced by (equally worthwhile) other activities to keep me sane and moving. I certainly continue to read, but the primary part of my life has been dominated by "CREATE." I thought it was fulfilling to see a painting through to completion, but that was before I saw the ultrasound of my little boy... that was when I understood the true meaning of creation-- "to cause to exist or organize what did not exist before." I have never felt more fulfilled.

I know I will have the opportunity to run again in a few months, when I can really start training for my first marathon (my initial goal with running a race each month), but until then I am enjoying the journey that has been set out before me. I am so blessed in so many ways, but mostly and above all in knowing truth for myself. Unlike my husband, my yet-unborn son, my talents, and my material possessions, my testimony and what I believe can never be taken away from me. And I think that is what I have learned most of all.... and why I realize that I no longer have an Identity Crisis.

1 comment:

Merrick said...

This was a great post...it's so great to look back and see how far you've come, isn't it?!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...