Sunday, April 04, 2010

flying while pregnant


'We can ask, with Job, the age-old question, “If a man die, shall he live again?” (Job 14:14.) And the answering testimony is that Jesus Christ made the resurrection possible:
“For I know that my redeemer liveth, and that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth:
“And though after my skin worms destroy this body, yet in my flesh shall I see God.” (Job 19:25–26.)
We testify with Isaiah that “his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.” (Isa. 9:6.) Of the Resurrection we can declare with Paul: “O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory?” (1 Cor. 15:55.)'
See the entire Easter article on the Resurrection from James E. Faust.

I'm not nervous. I'm not tired. I'm surprisingly calm, although I can tell Baby D is a little confused, since I've already had breakfast and we are usually still in bed for the next half hour or so... it is amazing to think this is one of the last times that I will be flying without a child in tow. As I sit here, half watching/listening to CNN and downloading conference talks on my free wi-fi, I think, this is not a bad way to spend an Easter Sunday. Sure, I would rather be sleeping in and then sitting at home with my Mr. D, Kevs, and sisters watching conference and eating wonderful food than flying on a plane and risking getting sick from all these people surrounding me, but I am very very excited to be going "home" for a week...more so than I think I can say, since the last time I was out there was late July of last year.

I can already tell I am going to be a little sore due to my semi-late-night workout last night, but I have packed my cheerios, unsalted peanuts, fruit leathers, a plethora of fresh berries (to maybe help fight on-plane swelling? I figured it works after half marathons, so I may as well try it out), and of course water. Thanks again to Mr. D for getting me seats in the aisle so I can freely walk around and go to the bathroom as much as my heart desires without stepping over people. And for getting me a good layover so I can walk around between flights. You are a lifesaver!

25 weeks  and 25 pounds prego today. :) Wish us luck on our first (and certainly not last) cross country flight! Things will certainly be much more complicated 6 months from now.... I'll enjoy the simplicity while I can. I think I will go stretch my legs and take a walk before this plane leaves.

1 comment:

Laura said...

I hope you're having a blast in Ohio!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...