Monday, March 22, 2010

Point of Comparison.

Last Sunday we had cousin Madison's farewell, and in talking with cousin Missy (below) I realized that although she is about two inches taller than me, she weighs right now as much as I did before I got pregnant! I don't think I ever looked that skinny, but you can certainly see how 5 months of baby has changed me!
This new body has certainly taken some getting used to...between fierce kicking from within at 3am and attempting to put on shoes, stork-style without hurting myself, I have finally accepted that my body is just different right now. And that is not necessarily a bad thing. Instead of long runs and intense weight lifting sessions, I have been revelling in yoga, pilates, and "running" on the elliptical. Its forced me to slow down a little.  Even as the storage of clothes that no longer fit me gets increasingly larger by the day, the (not-always-so-)gentle nudging of our little Baby D is a constant reminder of why I am the way that I am right now. I may not be a super running mommy like I was hoping for (thank you, kid in one of my classes who gave me the never ending cold last semester, putting me out of working out for 2 months and effectively destroying my 3 years of built up fitness), I am healthy and happy. And what more can a girl ask for??

4 comments:

skroner said...

babies everywhereeeeeee!
but maybe just dustin for right now (: sososososo happy i felt him kick last night! ahhhh!! (:

you're going to be an amazing mama!

Drew Dowling said...

You look great in this picture and hopefully you realized that "realized" is spelled with a 'z' and not an 's'

Maskmario10 said...

Ruth,

You keep forgetting that you are pregnant. It's OK to have a big belly when you are pregnant. You just have to get it off when you are done.

anna. said...

sheesh ruth. just get it off when you are done, okay?!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...