Tuesday, March 09, 2010

the meltdown.

This morning got off to a rocky start... and rocky would be an understatement. I lay sobbing in bed for about two hours, lamenting my lack of sleep while our neighbor's cat (who, incidentally, they can NEVER hear) was yowling outside our door(s) from about four o'clock this morning on. Poor Mr. D was trying to console me but neither of us could sleep (not even the Kevs) and finally I just gave in and went to take a shower.

You know when you see a little kid who hasn't taken their nap at a supermarket and they kicking and screaming and just completely inconsolable? That's a meltdown. And I am not ashamed to admit that was what I had this morning.

You see, since I got pregnant, there are two things I do NOT do well without: Sleep and food. And when I go without one of them, I (stupidly) eliminate the other as a form of protest, which leaves me feeling worse than before. Luckily for me, my wonderful, amazing, thoughtful Mr. D had created a fully loaded hot breakfast for me when I came downstairs, of scrambled eggs/cheese/tomatoes and toast with peanut butter....heaven.

I love that man so much. I cried again and I am tearing up just thinking about it again. He's already the best husband and is going to make the most wonderful father.

The video camera is charged, and 40 blue or pink cupcakes are just waiting at home to be frosted white and delivered post-doctor's appointment. Get excited (and don't be shy), baby, your big day has finally arrived!

5 comments:

skroner said...

I AM SO EXCITEDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD FJDSALFJKDSALJFLKFSA; ((((((:

Mandy said...

Can't WAIT to find out!! I hope you send out a mass text so we know :) Good luck to you guys!

anna. said...

i officially sleep like a total rock. nothing ever wakes me up...but it's almost timeeee. yay!

Laura said...

BOY OR GIRL!??!

Laura said...

Just so you know, you're like the annoying neighbor keeping me up int the night. I CAN'T SLEEP without the gender announcement! I HAVE TO GET UP IN 5 HOURS! Look what you're doing to me. update asap. PLEASE! miss you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...