Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Doctor's appointment #4

Needless to say, I was a bit concerned about this appointment. Two faculty members in my school have lost their little ones around this time of their pregnancy, and my usually squirmy boy must've been sleeping in yesterday morning (seems to take after his dad more every day!) because I didn't feel him moving until after the doctor's appointment.

The ultrasound seems to have checked out completely "normal" according to the doctor, although I did get a kick out of the Doctor saying that according to the ultrasound, it is a boy (as if there might be some doubt). Mr. D seems to have been pretty upset about that (since our ultrasound tech said it was "100% a boy"), but I assured him that he probably had to say that for legal reasons since he wasn't there and didn't see the baby like we did.

Anyways, "normal" is thrilling to me, after worrying about baby D's lack of morning movement... what a breath of relief. I never take those words for granted, even when the doctor comments on what a "boring" pregnancy I've been having. I will take boring any day of the week! I'm on track with my weight (at 24 pounds in 23 weeks, I guess I am eating my words when I scoffed back in December at the Doctor saying I should gain a pound a week!) and have discovered the baby D's most active time usually starts about 9pm... when I am trying to get relaxed and ready for bed!! Like I said, like father, like son :) And I wouldn't have it any other way.

2 comments:

Laura said...

cute post ruth. I am so glad your pregnancy is boring and normal! that's definitely the best way :) love love love ya!

skroner said...

i hope he has a huge bobble head.
i think that's pretty normal for babies though (:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...