Thursday, February 04, 2010

Sometimes the best things in life ARE free

I suppose since it is her birthday, I should wish my favorite (now) 23 year old sister HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! While its a bummer we can't hang out on her big day, I was thrilled to see the play shes been working so feverishly on for weeks, this past Tuesday. Tartuuff (sp?) was SO funny and even had the cutest puppy as one of the actors!! I wanted to adopt him on the spot. Anyways, Bananas is SO awesome, and I have loved living in the same town as her for the last 5 years (has it really been that long??). It has been such a blessing, and while I am a little sad to be moving away from said town this weekend (can you believe its already time to move?!), I know that she too will be moving on in life in the next couple of months... so I like being able to be the one to move first :)

While we have had our differences over the years *cough* high school, she has been a wonderful sister/friend, workout/running buddy and especially amazing iron chef compadre in the last few months :) Its amazing to realize she is where I was only a year ago... she is SO much more mature than I am!!!!

On a slightly different note (based on the title of my post), a HUGE thanks goes to Stina for her SUPER generous contribution to my (near) non-existent prego wardrobe... she gave me an entire SUITCASE full of cute clothes to borrow!!! Needless to say, I am pretty sure Mr. D breathed a HUGE sigh of relief when he realized that I was now (slightly) less likely to go on a prenatal shopping binge :) THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!! My stretched out tops and always-unbuttoned pants thank you from the bottom of my heart!!!

Also of mentionable note, Mr. D's cousin, M, went through the temple for the first time yesterday. It was a wonderful experience highlighted by lots of excited kicking on the baby's part!! He/she must have recognized some of the wonderful people I felt were in that wonderful place we were in :) My heart is positively full.

2 comments:

Kana said...

Ruth.

I just had worst day at work, and full body of stress. When I saw your blog title... "sometimes the best things in life ARE free"... just made me cry. Post is great by the way ;) but... yup. As simple as it is... " sometimes the best things in life ARE free". So true. I was way too stressed and fired up... even forgotton simple thing, beautiful thin like that. Thank you so much for letting me remember that. Aw. Tear doesnt stop.

Love you much<3

Stina said...

You are soooo welcome! Enjoy!!! You deserve to be comfy and cute :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...