Wednesday, December 02, 2009

H1N1 vaccine... to vaccinate or not to vaccinate??

*******update******** Cancelled my appointment with the health dept for the shot until I can talk with my Dr. and get his opinion, in a little over 2 weeks. I think thats the best advice. (Thanks, CTay and Rocky!) On one hand, I cannot limit my exposure to the public to avoid any flu, since I work in a public school. But on the other hand, is it really worth it to get vaccinated if it will cause a miscarriage? Is that a risk I want to take? I recently read this article: http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2009/11/28/Shocking-Swine-Flu-Vaccine-Miscarriage-Stories.aspx I just don't know... I need your advice/help????

4 comments:

Sandy said...

anecdotal advice: i have (another) good friend who is pregnant and her doctor encouraged her to get the H1H1 vaccine (as well as a regular flu shot) right away. she didn't get either vaccine until she was more than 3 months, but i don't know if that was for safety reasons or because she wasn't really worried about the flu until fall came around. anyway, her baby's doing fine and she's one of the few people i know who didn't get the flu this semester (although she still got a cold). i'd talk to your doctor in addition to doing your own research to find out if these fears about the H1N1 vaccine are substantiated by more than a few blogs.

Cheri said...

Talk to your doctor first Ruth. My doctor of a husband said H1N1 is simply the flu that LAST year we had no vaccine for and this year we do. It is only the flu and no more people have died from H1N1 as do from what we consider the normal flu.

Andrea said...

The pharmacists I work with will not get the H1N1 vaccine because there has not been enough research on it for their satisfaction. Plus if you work in a public school district you could already be "immune" through "herd immunity." Personally there is way too much hype over "swine flu" and I wouldn't worry about it or get the vaccine.

naomi said...

It's true no more people have died from this than normal flu, but its a different demographic:
Normal flu kills the elderly
Swine Flu is especially bad for children and pregnant.
I'd definitely wait until 3 months at least.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...