Wednesday, November 18, 2009

stuck in a funk

Do you remember when I used to be like this? Ok, so that isn't actually me and I've only run on the beach a dozen or so times in my life, but... ok, here is my confession: I have not gone on a run in over a week. A week!! The last time I did that was after my first half marathon! I am not injured sick, super busy, or otherwise unable to run, I have just BECOME LAZY. Oh, sure I'll call it "a funk" all I want, but the fact is, that I have just been lazy. And the messed up part about it? I've actually lost weight (although it is probably just muscle mass). I don't get into too many of these funks of laziness, but it never ceases to amaze me how easy it is to fall off the bandwagon. But do you want to know a secret? Whenever I realize I have allowed something of importance that makes me happy fall to the wayside, I do one simple thing: I PUT IT BACK IN MY LIFE IMMEDIATELY. Which is why today, after school, no matter how cold it is or how much I want to sit around and watch Tyra, I AM GOING FOR A RUN. What are you going to do today to make yourself happier????

2 comments:

Sandy said...

i feel you on this. i have been injured or sick since the marathon and i hate not running. but now that i'm better, i can't seem to get back on the running-wagon, even though i want to. i like your question, though, and today i will do something to make myself happier. maybe tomorrow that thing will be a run. good luck with yours!

anna. said...

go to the gym and watch tyra while running / biking / something else?

sounds like a win-win situation to me...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...