Friday, November 27, 2009

O.K.

The familia went home today. This last week has been so wonderful. And then my wonderful sister, A, took me to some birthday retail therapy, which made me feel MUCH better. She made me a cake from scratch for my birthday, too. I love her soo much!! But, now that Mr. D is off at work for the rest of the day, I need a little room to vent. This pregnancy has turned me into Superwoman, complete with super-smelling powers. I can smell ANYTHING (and I mean ANY.THING.) and for some reason it all smells terrible. Granted, it varies from day to day what exactly makes me want to lose my nose, but today its been everything. The only thing I've been able to stomach without nearly (and I say nearly because, knock on wood, I haven't puked yet) losing it is Aunt Michelle's mashed potatoes. I don't know what she puts in there, but its the only thing that I can eat anytime with the guarantee of not feeling nauseated. This is the first time in my life where eating chocolate doesn't make everything better. boo. But on the positive side, the other night I came to bed absolutely bawling because I felt fat (haven't gained a pound but my weight is definitely redistributing to my stomach already), freezing cold (when does the whole "I'm pregnant and overheated all the time" thing kick in??), and completely overemotional. Mr. D just wrapped his arms around me, wiped away my tears and told me everything would be Ok. And sometimes Ok is all I need.

1 comment:

naomi said...

The smell thing is so weird - honestly, I could pick up the scent of almost any food stuff THROUGH A DOOR AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. And I live in a showbox in a flat complex, so walking up the stairs to get home was such torture. I'd have to smell one occupants curry, someone elses pasta, cheese, bleugh bleugh. Weird, Mashed potatoes are the only thing that I can down without wrinkling my nose too haha. I didn't gain any weight until week 8, when it started creeping on really slow, but the distribution thing was really odd and kind of depressing to me as I'd forget I was pregnant and just feel fat. I'm glad you were able to get comfort from Mr. D though!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...