Saturday, November 21, 2009

oh what a night

ok...I suppose it was technically this morning. At about 6:30 am I woke up and felt like my entire body was on fire, my stomach cramping like crazy. I jumped out of bed and ran out of the bedroom. I felt like I was going to die. My head started throbbing and the closest thing I can compare it to was the time(s) I donated blood and passed out...oh wait, that happens every time I donate blood (and fortunately no longer allow myself to be guilt ed into into it, I'm talking to you, Red Cross). Anyways, it was awful. I think I was hyperventilating. I started screaming for Mr. D and when he finally heard me, I told him I was sick and something was wrong and he had to give me a priesthood blessing. The wonderful husband that he is, he obliged and while I don't even remember what was said, as soon as he took his hands off my head, everything I felt washed away and I could breathe normal again. Mr. D mumbled something about not feeling well and I assumed he was just too tired and went back to bed. As I was walking back to bed, I noticed him laying on the hallway floor and, feeling exhausted, shrugged, walked past him and collapsed into bed. The next morning Mr. D informed me that immediately after he had given me that blessing, even though he felt fine before, he suddenly felt very ill and that was why he had to lay down for a few minutes, until it went away. I know that while many of my friends who will be reading this are Latter-day Saints, I do have a few who are not. And while this may seem like an odd post for me to make, especially since I have no idea what happened to me (my mom's theory is low blood pressure), I felt today like I need to testify how much I believe in my religion. I know that there is a God and that he does answer prayers. Last night was one in many instances that that has been proven to me. And the proof is not always in immediate relief, but most of the time (and especially important, in my opinion) in the small and simple things that happen to me every day. I know there is someone out there who loves us more than we can comprehend and he is watching out for and paying attention to every detail in our seemingly insignificant lives. And I know without a shadow of a doubt that even if I were suddenly rendered unable to do the things that I love like reading, running, or creating, or even if my family and loved ones were suddenly taken from me, there is something undeniable that will always be mine, and that is my faith. And with that faith I can always be happy, because I know that He will never give me or any of us more than we are able to handle. I am so grateful first and foremost for my faith and knowledge of the restored gospel. And then everything that my life has been blessed with as a result: my parents, siblings, Mr. D, Kevin, job, home, health, talents and friends. I love having my family home for the holidays!!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...