Sunday, November 15, 2009

400th post.

I have been thinking long and hard about what to do for my 400th post. And since nothing really came to mind, I will just talk about the phenomenon that seems to be happening all around me... babies. Approximately 6 of every 10 women I know are pregnant, trying to get pregnant, or talking about trying to get pregnant. Not to mention I have a friend who teaches health and I sat in on her class during one of the reproduction lectures. Is it something in the water? Who knows. What I do know is this: When it comes down to it, every baby that is conceived is a miracle. During the entire process, so much can go wrong. Even just one step is skipped, and the whole thing is thrown out of funk. Just the fact that (nearly) every female I know of is fully capable of growing a human life form inside just a small portion of their body really blows my mind. Which got me (somehow) researching miscarriages and loss and adoption and freaking out about how something going wrong is really a pretty common occurrence and how on earth will my body ever be capable to do something so miraculous. And so much of the "bad" that happens to women in pregnancy is not because they had some bad fish or forgot their prenatal vitamins for the say... it happens out of chance. Meaning it is usually not preventable, simply inevitable. But do you know what I realized this weekend? I have been able to train my body to race 13 miles in under 2 hours not just once, but twice. I have struggled through 3 hour workouts and devoured entire boxes of Hostess brand pastries in one sitting, and yet, every time my body was able to pull itself back into balance. The human body is truly amazing. And honestly? I am the healthiest I have ever been in my life. I am finally sleeping as much as I need to, eating better than anyone I know, and still managing to pull out a few hours of exercise a week. I think its safe to say that I have done all that I need to. And I trust my body to do the rest.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

I'm so glad you have this outlook. Andrew and I have had 8 miscarriages and we were told that we would not be able to have children of our own. Yet, I have had 2 beautiful boys. I can't say that I am in the best shape of my life, but I can say that miracles happen, our bodies are amazing and our Heavenly Father loves us more than we can comprehend. Miss you...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...