Friday, October 02, 2009

Week 19 Victory Update and... my Iron Chef Breakfast

I cannot believe that it has been almost 20 weeks with my garden!! The food count is: 3 peppers, 19 zucchini, 42 roma grape tomatoes, and 43 medium/large tomatoes. We still have plenty of green tomatoes and baby peppers continuing to ripe, and since they are (so far, knock on wood) surviving the frost we've had recently, I think I can safely say it has definitely been worth it to plant a garden (keep in mind it cost about $80 for all the plants). But I have no plans on telling Mr. D the final count until there is snow on the ground and the growing season is officially over. And I made these a few weeks ago, a little spin on a traditional german pancake... I tried to place special emphasis on presentation and topped the pancakes with fresh peaches (of course), whipped cream, powdered sugar, and cinnamon. I LOVE the way they turned out. Too bad they were gone in a matter of minutes. :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...