Saturday, October 31, 2009

Halloween 5k

Well, the bad new first... I did not cross the lines with any flags. The good news? It was all my fault... as they started up the ladies 3 minutes early, I ran quickly and easily passed all but 2 young girls in tutus in the first couple of minutes. I did not get passed until just after the halfway mark by 2 guys, and I think 4 guys passed me total (one ten year old tutu girl stayed ahead of me the whole time and won for the females) but after the first one "tagged" me AKA stole my flag (which you could only start doing after the halfway point), I had no more to be taken away :) so a few said "tag" as they passed, but I just shrugged my shoulders and kept running. But what a perfect day for a run. Me and my "flag." I think I placed 6th overall, I counted about 50 people who ran (as opposed to the 20 last month) with a time of 24:23, and after I finished I felt FANTASTIC (we'll give credit where it is due, to the winningest Tom Brady jersey), nothing I did last week. Banera (not to be confused with her older sister Bananas) was awesome to be there and cheer me on. What a sport. I love her! And I can't wait to run next month. And I talked to the race director, and she said that since I won in the female division last month, I can run for free in December!!! Mr. D will be so happy!! I love running!!

4 comments:

skroner said...

ayaya for running! AND for your first free race to be my FIRST 5k! (:

i'm so proud of you! you were fantasticcccc. and such a sport for being passed by those boys, even though i know how much you hate being passed.

great job today (:

Laura said...

RUTH!! good job in your race :) you are so awesome. happy halloween!

Andrea and Eric Stevens said...

your hair is getting so long! how long do you want it?

Mrs. D said...

I want it to grow until it gets down to my elbows!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...