Tuesday, September 01, 2009

sooo....

I haven't run a race since June. And I really hate running in the heat... probably due to the fact that the majority of my running and races have been in the cold and my summer running training just seems to be seriously lacking to to laziness, heat exhaustion (who wants to run when its 95 degrees outside??), and I am still trying to figure out how to drink water without feeling nauseated (I usually have to jog, walk, then stop completely before I can drink anything... its awful, I know).

So... I thought I was unprepared for the Provo Half. But that was nothing compared to this. At least for the Provo, I had friends running with me (I don't this time around) and music (I'm still debating whether or not I will be using my ipod). At least I know that after this race, it will only get cooler outside... and that spells some yummy running weather ahead (and snow, I know, but there are always treadmills and TBS movies to be watched in case of ice!)

At least (hopefully) my sisters and this guy will be there to see me run... (...and then collapse, crying at the end, followed by four hour naps and eating massive amounts of foods. Poor Guy. He has no idea what he is in for).

1 comment:

Sandy said...

you can do it ruth! and i'm glad to hear that i'm not the only one who can't stop eating after a really long (10+ miles) run.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...