Wednesday, September 02, 2009

M. Pieracini's STROMBOLI recipe!

Call it whatever you want but I am calling it pure LUCK. I have been looking for this stromboli recipe for the last five years, yes, ever since I graduated high school and struck out on my own. We used to make it for the fundraising italian dinner for Girl's Camp when "Cini" was our YW's president and it was a HUGE hit... I cannot believe I chanced to stumble upon it!!! So here is the hard copy so I never forget it (but you should still check out the link since it contains YUMMY pictures!!) I love you, woman!!!! I am already salivating. Guess what I am making for Labor Day weekend???? 1 T Italian seasoning 1 package yeast (activate) 1 T sugar 1 C warm water 3 C flour 1 1/2 tsp salt 2 T oil Mix all dry ingredients. Add oil and yeast mixture. Then place dough in greased bowl and let rise 4-5 hours. Pesto Sauce 1 egg (beaten) 1/2 tsp garlic powder 1 T oregano 1/2 tsp pepper 2 T olive oil 1 T Parmesan cheese Roll dough 9x12 and brush with pesto sauce. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese and add any additional toppings* you wish. *(pepperoni, Italian sausage, peppers, mushrooms, bacon, provolone, thin ham, pineapple etc..) Preheat oven to 425. Roll dough like a jelly roll and pinch side seams under. Place on greased cookie sheet in a half moon shape. Cut even slices half way through dough. Loosely place foil over ends to avoid over browning. Bake 25-30 minutes. Remove foil last 10 minutes. Brush crust with butter. Serve and Enjoy! (optional: serve with marinara sauce for dipping)

1 comment:

anna. said...

omg. i am so coming over. that stuff was incredible.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...