Tuesday, August 04, 2009

Lucky Girl.

Driving on my way home from the school today, listening to the radio, I just started to cry. I am so lucky. I have a job that I literally cannot BE anymore excited about (with a classroom that is finally organized up to my standards), I have a college degree, and I can support my family on my salary. I feel like I am so undeserving of it. Why me? Why not one of the dozen colleagues I graduated with? Or someone more experienced? Sometimes I am so afraid I am going to wake up and realize this was all a dream. Even worse, I can't even think about what may happen after next year... its too upsetting to me to think about possibly not coming back (assuming Mr. D gets another job). I want to be here forever. Okay, maybe not forever, but I am excited to get in a few years, if I can!! Granted, I haven't technically started my job yet, but I had SUCH a good experience student teaching, that I am sure the addition of my own curriculum will make it even better (as if that were possible!). On another note, I cannot WAIT for these girls to get here later this month... it really can't be soon enough!! I miss you girls!

2 comments:

anna. said...

yayyyy

Debbie said...

You definately deserve it, especially since you are so greatful! You are awesome!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...