Wednesday, August 19, 2009

The day before...

I would be lying if I said I wasn't a little nervous. But I do feel prepared, and fairly confident that I have the cleanest and most organized art room there ever was (or will be). I am excited to play with 90 minute class periods, something I have coveted since I learned they co-existed in the same world with 25-minute "art on a cart" classes... ::shudder:: My only concerns are that my lessons take up just the right amount of time, that we do not blaze OR trudge through them (the latter of which drove me nuts during student teaching). I am ready, with my (near-) perfectly decorated art room (I am still missing a few things... IKEA is calling this weekend). I have finally arrived, and will soon experience two days of a blur of 200+faces with some of the most peculiar names I must somehow memorize ASAP. It will be a challenge and I will need as many prayers as I can get. But I feel most confident that earned this job, I love art, I love teaching, and I am able to communicate my passion for art with my students. Don't worry, I will take pictures of my clean classroom (yay!) before all those students come in and make it messy (boo).

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...