Friday, August 14, 2009

COLOR!!! The best reason to start gardening...

...is that you basically have an on-call FREE grocery store in your front yard. The dawning of each day has turned into one a little like Christmas morning for me...a little present or two waiting for me. I love running out in the morning, seeing what is ripe and ready to be picked, gleefully picking them (of course) and planning lunch and/or dinner around those veggies. So instead of posting a traditional Victory Garden update (week 12...that's 3 months today!!), I thought I would show off the direct product of said garden project: deliciously healthy meals. Here was the dinner I made for a sister in our ward. (Starting at 12 o'clock, clockwise): Pastel de fideos (noodles baked with egg, milk and cheese), banana chocolate chip bread, peaches, roma grape tomatoes, and zucchini baked with a little olive oil. And our dinner... two-thirds from our garden :)

1 comment:

anna. said...

dude that is awesome.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...