Monday, August 31, 2009

Belated Birthday wishes

... or maybe not so belated, since we did give her a surprise birthday party a whole month in advance. Nevertheless, my lovely mother turned 50 this past Saturday. I know. She has NO wrinkles and I'm pretty sure even my 11-year old brother has had more pimples than my mother has in her entire lifetime... she has some GREAT skin. And she's a fabulous dresser, has a real creative eye for bedazzling up an otherwise ho-hum accessory, never loses her cool, and is my absolute role model. What a woman. I wish I could have been there for her (second) surprise birthday party of the summer, but I will have to be content knowing she was surrounded by her sisters and other best friends. I love you, mom, and promise to stop keeping track of your years after 50... at least until you turn 75 (and hopefully you will have a few grandchildren by then!!) Also, kudos to my lovely Mama for finally embarking on what Regis and Kelly still consider a "fad"... trying out computers! A got a MacbookPro (luckyyy) and gave my mom her PC, complete with bookmarks of her favorite websites :) Love you, mom!! (and maybe someday we will teach you how to post a comment on a blog...)

2 comments:

anna. said...

i miss mom : (

but now she can read our blogs!! we'll have to teach her how to make comments next...

Laura said...

this is so sweet. your mom seems amazing! and holy. ccrrrraaaapppp your race is SOON!!! ruth i'm so excited for you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...