Friday, July 31, 2009

The List

While going through my old pre-wedding prep binder (yes, I had a binder. I was/still am totally OCD. I had no idea what I was doing, and it is HARD figuring stuff like that out when you have no married friends), I found one of (many) lists. Dated FEBRUARY 2006: "What I want to learn how to do as a wife: 1. Cook from scratch (check) 2. Bake from scratch (check) 3. Make healthy, varied meals (check. too bad for Mr. D I didn't include 'cheap' on that list!) 4. Sew clothing (er.....) 5. Gardening (CHECK!) 6. Scrapbooking (check. They are so expensive, so I only made one, it was for Mr. D's birthday [and truth be told, I don't think he really cared for it], but at least I can say I did it!) 7. Decorate my home beautifully, yet inexpensive (eh. half a check? I'll save that for further deliberation when we actually purchase our first home. I did the best I could with what I had.) 8. Teach the scriptures (????? I have no idea what this was supposed to be...) 9. Quilting (a BIG CHECK, thanks to the quilted moose!) 10. Flower arrangements/centerpieces (check, learning everything I know from Relief Society and L)" So... 7 and a half out of 10 is not bad for only being married 3 years... hopefully I still have many more years to become a better wife and hone in on some sweet skills!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...