Wednesday, July 08, 2009

First Commissioned Baby Room Mural a la Mrs. D!

With the assistance of a transparency (scanned off the Seussian bed sheet) and projector, I sketched and painted these life-size characters for Nisha's Baby Room (but she did do Things 1 and 2 all by herself, and I think they turned out pretty awesome!).
Also, does anyone know what the Green Eggs and Ham guy's name is??
Horton!
Freehanding Seussian Trees
Nisha's Thing 1 and Thing 2!
The most difficult to paint character... El gato in el sombrero.

5 comments:

Laura said...

i am trying to pick me jaw up off the floor... this is unbelievable! I didn't even know you were working on this! beyond amazing.

anna. said...

wow.


just...wow.

Michelle said...

Are those rub-ons? It looks amazing, Ruth...great job! When are you coming to Georgia to hook Toby and Tate up?

Merrick said...

These are so great!

siovhan said...

YOU ARE FREAKING AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When I finally find Mister In-due-time and have that family--I'm commissioning you for my little ones, too! (Maybe we'll do a red sox theme!)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...