Friday, May 08, 2009

Parable of the Talents

Its been over 2 months since I posted this. And only today am I starting painting it!! That goes to tell you, inspiration is one thing, but getting back to work is an entirely different ballpark. I would love to post work in progress pics, but they will have to wait a few days till I finish and get it sent off, as it is a gift. 
I was about 20 minutes into painting this afternoon when I started crying. How have I gone so long without oil painting? I was experimenting with so many (fun and interesting) media, but truly, honestly and down in the pit of my very soul, I am a painter
You see, I got scared in church this past Sunday, because we were talking about the talents we are given: we can either use it or we will lose it. Of all the skills and abilities I have been blessed with, I would truly be lost (and probably very sad) without this skill. And yet it still took me till today to start painting again!! 
I even bought a new Filbert brush to celebrate the day!!
So go on, don't procrastinate, re-discover your talent(s) and fill your full potential!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...