Tuesday, May 05, 2009

cake in a cup? Thanks, Deb!!

I've been meaning to post this awhile ago, but I keep forgetting. When I went to visit Deb in Denver, she introduced me to 90 second cakes!! Mr. D and I have been adapting the recipe, and our favorite is as follows:
1/2 c. any cake mix (we prefer yellow cake)... 34o calories
1/3 c. water... no calories :)
2 Tbsp. semi-sweet mini chocolate chips (or you can add any other mix-in you like, before or after it cooks) ... 160 cals
And you mix the above in a cereal bowl for 1 minute, then put it into the microwave for "90 seconds" ...we actually like it cooked a little more, so we do a little over 2 minutes. Then you can put a little frosting on it (3 Tbsp is an additional 150 calories) or just eat it as is.
The total for our little concoction? 650 calories for that little bowl (I wish you could see all the little yummy chocolate chips)! Definitely a dish best served shared, or at least only served sparingly, but it really makes me think about how many hidden calories are in desserts... and this cake doesn't even have the fat of eggs and oil! Go ahead, let out a collective "mmmm..."

4 comments:

Michelle said...

Does it really taste good? I'm going to try it and I'll let you know how my turns out.

Kana said...

yum! There is similar recipi for browny too<3 :D
easy and cheap, and yummy treat in 90sec...

anna. said...

have you heard about the lady who twitters an entire recipe?? it is fabulous. her name is "cookbook" and i follow her because it is awesome. you should check it out, just for fun.

Debbie said...

Yay! I am glad you use it! Looks good!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...