Sunday, April 05, 2009

Thank yous are certainly in order...

But not in any particular order, as they were all crucial to my success today. So, with that in mind, I would like to take a moment to thank:

-My amazing parents, S&A, as well as the "man upstairs" for gracing me with a physical body that at times doesn't even realizes what it is capable of

-Mr. D, who convinced me I had to run no matter what. and without his competitive voice in my head the last three miles, I would have never pushed it and finished in under two hours. I wish he could have been there to see it, but there will be many races in the future for sure.

-My amazing little sister, Bananas. How did I get so lucky? You were my shoulder to cry on, and my biggest support this weekend. (PS she was the one who got me the flowers and flipz... I knew it!) What will I do without you this summer?? Just miss you...

-Uncle D and big bro M for giving me a blessing last night... I know it is because of that blessing, with those kind words and higher authority, that really was the key to my success today.
-And I would be remiss if i did not mention this gang right here... the heart and soul of my running (not counting my ipod). The two on the far left ran the first 10 miles right with me... clocking in at 9 minute miles, perfectly! And B&L... you may have struck out fast, but I beat you in the end :)

Today was a great day. Really sore (mostly my knees and shins) but a great conference "marathon" (ha ha) with Bananas and some wonderful sisterly bonding. 

And Mr. D comes home tomorrow!! :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...