Thursday, April 09, 2009

SUCCESS in the form of a free race and finding out my half marathon time!

Today was a great day. My second to last day of student teaching, students telling me how much they will miss me (aww), taking pictures, making amazing projects AND finally wrapping up the crazy correspondence I have had with the Provo Half Marathon since Sunday about my race chip not working. The race founders are nothing short of AMAZING and were able to turn this entire experience around, researching and finding my time (see www.run13.com, click on Provo City Half Marathon, Results and Photos, 2009, and search bib #282... that's me!). For those of you who do not want to make the trek, no worries, I will post the stats RIGHT HERE:

I ran 13.1 miles in 1 hour, 58 minutes and 36 seconds (running the first 6.55 miles in 58:20)
I placed OVERALL 227th out of 550 half marathon runners.
I placed within FEMALES 75th out of 314 female half marathon runners.
In my DIVISION (females 20-24) I placed 14th out of 84!

Not too shabby of a half marathon for a first-timer, albeit with 8 months of training. :) Hey, I worked HARD for it, I deserve to gloat a little bit. Now onto my next race!

PS Because of the mix-up, they are letting me run in the Memorial Day race next month for FREE! All is forgiven and forgotten!!

1 comment:

anna. said...

yayyy totally awesome!!

congrats again on being way better at running than me. i need to start training better, or on a more regular basis...that'll be the goal for the summer.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...