Monday, February 16, 2009

Never quite the perfect housewife

I made the most perfect german pancakes this morning for Mr. D's birthday. Which was good since while taking his near-perfect-yellow-cake-with-Reese's-peanut-butter-cups-baked-into-them out of the oven (with one hand, mind you. usually I do this just fine but yoga from yesterday made my arms like limp noodles) and... I dropped it on the floor, as the entire thing FLEW out of the pan. True to form, my carbohydrate-addict cat raced to the kitchen floor at my side to start eating. Gross. I stood there in shock for a few seconds, while I heard D talking to his mom on the phone in the living room: "...oh, yeah, she's making me my birthday cake for when we leave for dinner in half an hour, it should be really good..." which, of course, started the waterworks. I grabbed my keys and raced to the supermarket (I know, on a Sunday) to grab an Oreo-covered cake and put the remainder of the Reese's I was saving to sprinkle on top of my now-trashed cake, just moments before leaving for dinner with extended family. Sigh.
Happy 25th, Handsome.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...