Thursday, February 12, 2009

Dear President Obama...

We wrote letters to Barack Obama today in my class. Most of the students' requests were pretty standard (help poor people, give money to school, etc) but I did find out that one girl's dad had died recently. Amazing how sometimes the outcome you get from these 8-11 year olds far surpasses anything you thought would happen. There is really something magical about children at this age.
Especially ones with a sense of humor. :) Translation: "Dear President Mom, I am very bored. Please help me. Sincerely, T."
My last day is tomorrow. I would be lying if I said I wasn't sad. I hope I don't cry in front of them...that would be embarrassing.

P.S. I am also having the students evaluate me, and one of the comments a student made was "Mrs. D is so beautiful." I know it had nothing to do with art, but it made my day.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...