Monday, December 01, 2008

one year older and wiser too

It was more like a whole birthday weekend, since Drew took me out to Magleby's and to see "Ghost Town" Saturday after I spent all day baking my perfect birthday cakes (carrot cake and chocolate caramel, in heels, no less!). After church, I went for a lovely run (reminiscing on freshman year running uphill with Amax) and made a fabulous dinner for my sister and brother-in-law, then had friends and family over for cake and ice cream! And tonight we went to Happy Sumo for sushi, on my in-laws! Yum! Among my awesome gifts, I got: *a much-lusted-after-waffle-maker (with a relaxing Sunday morning waffle breakfast!)*new heating blanket *a heart-shaped puzzle of our wedding picture*blender *pink ipod nano (exchanged for my itouch to anna!) *best buy gift card *Lia Sophia (the BEST!) jewelry *jewelry, cards, clothes, money, deliciously decadent chocolate goodies *household accessories (and the cutest Christmas pillow from Mager & hubby) *phone calls...messages left singing me happy birthday were my favorite! *new Beyonce CD (I am...Sasha Fierce) *the satisfaction of creating (from scratch) a BUNCH of yummy food this past week and most importantly, *LOVE. Thanks to everyone who showered me with birthday wishes. I really felt like a princess on my birthday! I am such a LUCKY GIRL!
Maybe 23 is not so bad after all.....

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...