Monday, December 08, 2008

If you give a cat a cupcake

Sometimes I get these desperate necessities that just pop up and won't go away until I fulfill what they demand. Sometimes its in Art. Sometimes in working out. And sometimes, well...
Last night, it started out with an innocent act: making chicken enchiladas. As soon as I finished, I declared that I was "done" cooking/baking for the day, and if Drew wanted to make dessert, he would have to do so himself. I have been sick since Thursday and had not gotten anything done all weekend, and I was desperate to finish SOMEthing by Sunday night. 
So I go to work on my second basket (that should have been done in October when we went down to L.A.), the cathead, and listened to T.V. silently cursing under my breath as I wrestled with the reeds. I finally finished, close to midnight, and finished folding the last bits of laundry I had done, which was all well and good except for one serious mistake: I decided to do the dishes, since they had piled up from my cooking and Drew's cookie-making of the evening.
After dishes, I realized the kitchen counter needed a good "all-purposing." Then I went to the bathroom since I forgot to clean it this week. And then the living room needed straightening, the litter box needed cleaning...
Before I knew it it was 1:00 AM and here I was, sick with a cold, in a tshirt and slippers, in below-freezing temperatures, sweeping/raking the sidewalk in front of our house, and I just thought, What am I doing? I was a woman possessed. Even my cat was giving me funny looks. It kind of reminded me of that book, "If you give a cat a cupcake..." If you haven't read it you should. Its good reading...
P.S. The 5k was cold, full of TuTu's (they ran out before Zum and I got there) and I hit a PR even with a hilly, cold course and shin splints!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...