Friday, November 14, 2008

Cartoons

I have made three cards in the last week. Two for birthdays and one for a wedding.

This first photo was the front of a birthday card.
Its me and my family! I don't know why I like cartooning so much, but I think that's why I felt motivated to switch a lesson in my curriculum to center on graphic novels. 
The second photo is the wedding collage I made for Drew's cousin.
Sometimes its not fun to draw realistically. There is a lot of detail that is difficult to capture, and a two-dimensional drawing is really just an artificial replica of the real, three-dimensional world. Is that a bad thing? I don't think so. It does give me a lot of satisfaction to draw in that (true to life) manner, but it stresses me out less when I can draw how I see the world-- with my big head and all!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...