Friday, September 05, 2008

one crazy year ago

I was thinking yesterday about a study abroad that this time last year I was scheduled to be on board for--a fantastic trip to Thailand, Australia, Hong Kong, Mainland China, and a few other assorted places along that area in the space of about 6 weeks (returning prior to the Olympics). It dawned on me that had it not been for that cancellation because I was one of only 3 students who signed up (we needed 20+), causing it to be postponed indefinitely, I would have missed Drew's graduation. I would have missed my parents coming into town and my Lucy giving birth to five beautiful kittens. I would have missed driving out to South Carolina with Anna (quite the experience) and spending a week with my family, not to mention getting my job at Mimi's at the time when they were most desperate to hire. I would have missed taking stained glass and bookbinding, two of the most interesting classes I have ever taken. I would have missed the day that Drew hired to his first "real" job. I would have missed the opportunity of buying this macbook and still saving money because the trip would have cost almost $5000. So I guess what I am trying to say, is that even though it would have been REALLY cool to have gone to the South Rim of Asia, I am really glad that the choice was made for me and I was able to benefit from those experiences I had otherwise. Especially the not seeing Drew for six weeks. That would have been unbearable :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...