Saturday, September 20, 2008

FIRST RACE (5K) OF 2008

This morning I awoke to discover that my trusty stopwatch of 7 years (when I took it from Anna whoops) finally died. Perfect timing. I ran my first 5k since high school (back in 04) and finished in 26 minutes 11 seconds, one second behind a man old enough to be my grandpa, yet only the 4th to finish (It was a stake activity). Am I proud of my time? You bet. Am I upset he beat me? Like you wouldn't believe. And I'm not really sore or anything but I did cry at the end of the race. I don't know why but I think because I finished. I can't wait for the homecoming 5k Oct 11th. I plan on breaking 25. And I will be sure to buy a new stopwatch before then. p.s. Amax has unofficially challenged me to a race in Cali where she now lives. We will pick a winter race and I will come down to race her. I am so excited and it will ROCK!! (Plus, I have an excuse to escape to warmer weather!!)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...