Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Mimi's

Wow. My feet hurt. A lot. I feel like I have run about a million miles. Today was my first day back in the restaurant industry since 2005. Three years?? Has it really been that long? Hostessing was not quite as leisurely as I remembered, but then again it was my first day. I am really trying to keep the artistic view in my work in every way I can, which mostly involves keeping things in order and the way that I talk with customers. The (free!) food was really good (a salad with bacon, feta cheese crumbles, avocado, tomato, craisins and mixed greens with their own Mimi's balsamic vinaigrette... mmm, then a triple chocolate brownie a la mode) but it made me feel a little guilty since I ate a ton last night and did not work out this morning. Tonight is part 1 of 3 for the Kron sisters' personal training, in a meager effort to boost my metab (and weight, but still fit into my skinny clothes) and lower my body fat from 18.5% to 17% by learning about and having a regular resistance training schedule drawn up by him. The trainer said I could do it in a week. We shall see. I have been stressing about classes and job hunting (the latter on behalf of the sig other) but the kittens and working out are keeping me sane.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...