Thursday, April 03, 2008

i am

Today we learned how to blog in my visual culture class. It sounds silly saying that but maybe this is a good time because I am having an identity crisis. It happened in my art criticism class when we were having this debate on child prodigies and abstract art vs. "true to life art", I guess. I think I was made out that I only liked art that looks like something else. So I guess that means that I am not a real artist. Feeling stupid in that class reminded me of the other day when I was watching a Red Sox game and went for a high five thinking that we scored a run only to realize that it was the other team and I was severely scolded for that. So I guess that means I am not a real sports person. And at the New Orleans conference I chose time and time again to work out in the cool new Hilton facilities rather than attend some of the workshops. But they had cardio theater!!! So I guess that means I am not a real art teacher. Maybe I just wish I could find my niche in artmaking, the motivating "x" factor that drives all artists through their creative genius. And maybe I am sick of waiting. Well the elliptical calls...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...