Wednesday, April 30, 2008

animal rights

After looking at what I wrote about my Lucy and her kittens, I wanted to clarify why I posted those pictures and my story. I really believe strongly in the importance of a respect for nature. With that, I also understand the massive problem that lies in so many cities like my own of an overpopulation of stray animals that have no home. That is why we chose to adopt Lucy, a stray we found outside of our home back in January of this year. When we adopted her we knew that she would probably get pregnant (because she was young and always outside) and when she had the kittens I committed myself to only giving away those kittens to the homes of people that I knew that would not be involved in anything questionable and would take good care of the kittens. And we also committed to getting Luce spayed as soon as we could to assure that we were doing our part to reduce the amount of strays that are reproducing at a faster rate than people are willing to adopt them at. Other artists that are also animal activists I have found so far are located at veganica.com and more information about animal rights and to report animal abuse can be located: here and one more little tidbit for thought: Why should man expect his prayer for mercy to be heard by What is above him when he shows no mercy to what is under him? ~Pierre Troubetzkoy

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...